Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A “hello” from a hobbyist-turned-evangelist

Hello! I’m Matt Richardson, the newest member of the Raspberry Pi team. I’m so excited to be on board because I’m such a big Raspberry Pi fan. Ever since I first got my hands on a board in May of 2012, I've been doing a lot with Raspberry Pi. I made projects like this bicycle accessory, I produced videos about Raspberry Pi, wrote articles, gave talks, and even teamed up with a friend to write a book about how to get started with Raspberry Pi. There's still so much that I want to do, which is why I’m so glad to be a part of the team.

A selfie with my first  Raspberry Pi taken in May of 2012.

A selfie with my first Raspberry Pi taken in May of 2012.

Before coming to Raspberry Pi, I was a contributing editor for Make: Magazine, the premier magazine for makers. Raspberry Pi was my beat for a majority of my time there, so I kept an eye on Pi projects, hardware, and accessories. I also had the chance to go to many Maker Faires to give talks and meet fellow makers. As part of my new position, I'll continue to go to Maker Faires, but now I'll help carry the Raspberry Pi banner in an official capacity.

I’m based in San Francisco and as a Raspberry Pi Evangelist, I’ll be responsible for outreach with a focus on the United States. I’ll connect with organizations, talk to people about how they use Raspberry Pi, and make regular appearances here on the blog. If you’d like to connect with me, I’m on Twitter, where I post about Raspberry Pi and all my other interests including technology, making, art, design, travel, airliners, ham radio, television, and a small dash of politics.

I’m looking forward to being involved in all that lies ahead in the realm of Raspberry Pi!

No comments:

Post a Comment