Friday, February 28, 2014

Collection Team Column – Rachel Somerville: My favorite cat books

The internet will never have too many cat pictures. That is a fact. See that handsome devil below? That's my Hugo. He's a very literary cat. Helping me type on my laptop, turning book pages, pawing at images on my Nook, and knocking books off the bookshelf are some of his favorite activities. I guess that's what you get when you name a cat after a book character (can you guess which one?)

catblog

I know I am certainly not the first Librarian to be in love with their cat, and I know I won't be the last. So in honor of all of our wonderful four legged creatures, I have created two lists in Marketplace that feature some of my favorite books about cats and featuring cats.

When you click the link below, it will show up as a Marketplace search result and you'll be able to easily add them to a cart.

Cat Books – OC/OU

Cat Books – MA

Do you have any other favorite cat books you'd like to recommend? Or better yet, just tell me YOUR favorite cat stories!

*Some titles are metered access and may have limited regional or platform availability.

 

Rachel Somerville is a Collection Development Analyst at OverDrive.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment