Monday, December 9, 2013

Nelson Mandela: 7/18/18 – 12/5/13

"During my lifetime I have dedicated myself to this struggle of the African people. I have

fought against white domination, and I have fought against black domination. I have

cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together

in harmony and with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to

achieve. But if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die."

(Spoken at Nelson Mandela's Rivonia Trial, 1964)

 

Listen to Mandela's Own Words

 

 

In the wake of his death on December 5, we remember Nelson Mandela's leadership, achievements, and inspiration. The first democratically-elected president of South Africa, Mandela is honored as an anti-apartheid revolutionary, politician, and philanthropist.

 

Biographical Titles

 

Stories Set in South Africa

 

Renee Lienhard is a Collection Development Analyst at OverDrive.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment