Thursday, July 9, 2015

Ernest Cline Teases Ready Player One Sequel

tumblr_npqd3kzxNm1qjp0avo1_1280

Ernest Cline has a new book coming out next week called Armada and he is starting the hype train to promote it anyway he can. In a recent interview with GoodReads the author teased that there are two sequels in the works for his other book you may have heard about, Ready Player One.

In the interview he stated “I never intended there to be a sequel to Ready Player One. I left it open for one, but it took so long to do that, I was just trying to write one story and have it feel like it had a genuine ending. But in the course of going on book tours and readers asking me, I’ve had plenty of time to think about it, and since then I’ve fleshed out two solid ideas for Ready Player Two and Ready Player Three. I registered those domains way back when I registered Ready Player One, because as far back as that I knew those might be the titles, and it might be a trilogy. And now that Ready Player One is going to be a movie and I’ll probably be very immersed in that world again, I think that would be a good time to write the sequel.”

No comments:

Post a Comment