Monday, August 11, 2014

Google TV Remote is Hideous

sony-google-tv-remote

I love my Apple TV. I hate my Apple TV remote. I have taken its’ name in vain on more than one occasion, usually about the time I’ve lost it yet again and I tear apart the couch trying to find that slippery silver sliver (say that three-times fast). As much as I hate that thing, the image shown by former Pixar employee, Randy Nelson, is believed to be the Google TV remote… and it is worse.

At first glance I actually thought it was a label maker; it is overwhelming, large, and ugly. It isn’t the simplicity of the Apple TV remote that drives me crazy, it’s simply the size –the designers were right when they decided that only three buttons are necessary: stop, start and home. Sure it’s cool that the Google TV remote offers so many features and functions, but for day-to-day life, I don’t need to point something at my television that could launch a space shuttle. Not only that, how do I teach my kids to use it? Or worse yet, my mother (sorry mom!).

If you ask me, I believe Jacob Siegal over at BGR said it right: “Google TV remote is an Apple TV remote designed by committee.”

For those of us eagerly watching to see how great Google TV will be, let’s hope this isn’t actually what the remote looks like.

Google TV Remote is Hideous is a post from: Good e-Reader

No comments:

Post a Comment